And Then Some Kauni Happened

The little trip to Portland I mentioned was a day of fun: thanks to our great organizer Charisa, a bunch of us Washington knitters took a train from Seattle to Portland! I think there was some 60 of us and we had so much fun! We knitted, we chatted, we walked a lot. And we bought yarn!

Me neulojapoppoolla tirpastiin junalla Portlandiin viime viikonloppuna. Ja meillä oli lystiä! Neulottiin yhessä, käveltiin paljon, puhua papatettiin vielä enempi, ja ostettiin tietenki lankaa!

I had sort of promised myself not to go all crazy, but then again... one does not simply walk into Knit/Purl (and walk out with no yarn). How could I have left these in the store?

Mie olin aatellu etten (taas) ratkeaisi kauheisiin määriin lankaa, mutta sitten päädyttiin Knit/Purliin ja.. en voinu jättää näitä kauppaan.
kauni browns
I congratulated myself of being very brave, though: I walked away from the walls of Koigu and Shibui. Mainly because I couldn't figure out what to make out of all the pretty colors. Lame excuse, considering the five balls of Kauni I bought (which also have no plan whatsoever) :D

Osoitin mielestäni kovinkin suurta itsehillintää kun en langennut Koigu- ja Shibui-seinien äärellä ollenkaan, kun en keksinyt mitä niistä tekisin. Ei kauhean hyvä selitys, kun ei näille viidelle Kaunillekaan ole suunnitelmaa ainakaan vielä :D

kauni light pink

kauni yellow green and red

Lately, I have been obsessed with thick, rustic yarns, and when I found this Aran Wool (by Kerry Mills) in Dublin Bay, I couldn't leave it there. Four skeins should be enough for a cardigan for me. It's very rough, and it feels it'll last a lifetime. I love the colors, the feel of it, the comforting touch of wool.

Jostain syystä olen kaivannut paksuja, maanläheisiä lankoja viime aikoina, ja Dublin Bayssa käveli vastaan aivan ihanaa Kerry Millsin Aran Woolia, joten kaappasin senkin mukaan. Neljästä vyyhdistä pitäisi piisata villatakilliseen. Lanka on hurjan karkeaa ja melkein kovaa, ja tuntuu siltä että se kestää ihmiseniän. Värit on tosi herkulliset, mutta eniten tykkään langan tunnusta.
kerry mills aran wool
I can't wait to knit it, but there's this that needs to be finished before I can get to it.

Kädet haluaisi näitä tikuttelemaan, mutta sitä ennen on tikuilta saatava pois tämä villis.
cabled cardi

6 comments:

Luneray said...

oooh, I love Knit/Purl.

I think they'll have a booth at Madrona (they did last year) so you will be able to get some Shibui yarn. :)

Dharma said...

Those are beautiful photographs!

kramox said...

apua mitä kaunokaisia! etenki nuo ylimmät kerät, nans! ja tuo keltanen <3

Prunila said...

I like your yarn choice a lot, ummm natural colors!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful colors! I love the aran wool especially, the depth of color is fabulous! I'm knitting the Amanda Jacket from A Fine Fleece - I bet it'd be great in that yarn (just a suggestion!).

kutoa said...

Mita Kuulu! (I am sure the spelling is wrong). Isn't knit-purl great. I have hearby banned myself from any yarn stores for a few months. Great choices on your yarn.